Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in Charlotte, NC can improve your quality of life and even slow down the aging process. Visit Evolve Medical Associates to get started.
No one can stop the aging process. However, the good news is that by applying recent advances from biomedical research, it is possible to improve your quality of life, and even slow and reverse some of the effects of aging. Balance is the key. When hormones are not in balance a whole myriad of symptoms may be experienced including depression, anxiety, irritability and weight gain. Hormones are involved in nearly part of the human body, even a deficiency in one hormone can wreck havoc throughout the entire body.
If you think you have an imbalance in one or all of your hormones, there is good news! It is called Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. At Evolve in Charlotte, NC, we are committed to utilizing highly individualized, evidence-based treatments to help you maximize your quality of life and reduce your risk of chronic disease.
Bioidentical hormones are EXACT chemical matches to the hormones that the body produces. Bio-identical hormones are derived from yams, soy, and other plant extracts. Once they are extracted from their natural source, the hormones are refined so they are identical to the human hormone molecule. They are NOT synthetic hormones. Synthetic hormones are made from plant progesterone and animal estrogens but are NOT identical to the hormones produced in the body.
Synthetic hormones can be toxic because their chemical makeup cannot metabolize properly. Bioidentical hormones can be purchased only at a compounding pharmacies specializing in BHRT, and are made specific for each patient allowing both men and women to find relief from symptoms of hormonal imbalance without the risks that come along with synthetic hormones. They are the logical choice to restore harmony in the body.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, commonly referred to as BHRT, is an individualized treatment plan developed for each patient based on his or her unique symptoms, test results, and a physical examination. BHRT is a partnership between a qualified BHRT medical provider, and compounding pharmacist, with the overall goal being restoring balance through individual hormone replacement, diet, and nutritional/lifestyle adjustments as needed so you may function at your highest level.
There are many benefits to taking BHRT, here a only a few:
- Provide the protective benefits that were originally provided by naturally occurring hormones.
- Reduce or completely stop symptoms caused by a decrease in the body’s production of hormones such as hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia.
- Improve mental clarity and focus.
- Accelerate fat burning and increased capacity to lose weight.
- Calm anxiety and decrease depression.
- Restore sexual function and increase libido.
- Reduce hormonally triggered headaches and other PMS symptoms such as irritability, bloating and fatigue.
- Decrease osteoporosis, thereby decreasing risk for fractures.
- Keep you as beautiful and youthful on the inside as you look on the outside.
Before your first visit, we will ask you to fill out a detailed questionnaire and send it in. When you come in for your consultation, the nurse will first check your vital signs before you meet with the doctor. The doctor will discuss your symptoms in detail, answer any questions you may have and perform a physical examination.
Based on your history and physical exam, the doctor will order the appropriate lab tests. Lab tests can be drawn in our office.
We then request your return in 1 to 2 weeks to review your test results. If a hormone imbalance is identified, we will suggest a hormone replacement program that is customized for YOU.
Approximately 4 to 6 weeks after starting your hormone replacement therapy, we will ask you to return for a follow-up visit in order to monitor the effectiveness of the therapy and make adjustments as necessary.
Please understand that achieving balance of your hormones and other health needs is a complex process that takes time, not a ‘quick fix’. Our philosophy is to go slowly with adding or increasing any medications in order to avoid the adverse effects of high dosages and multiple medications. If you want us to provide medication prescriptions, you need to be prepared to invest time in follow up evaluation, adjustments in your medications, etc. This is a journey you are about to embark upon. It is not possible to achieve everything in one visit.
- $295 for the initial comprehensive consultation (includes the return visit in 7-14 days to review your lab results)
- $95 for follow-up visits
- The fee for lab tests is NOT included. We have negotiated favorable pricing with both Quest Diagnostics and Access Medical Labs.
- We do not accept insurance, but will provide the appropriate ICD-9 codes if you plan to file for insurance reimbursement. You cannot file for reimbursement with Medicare or Medicaid.